We’re still some ways ahead the showing of Suicide Squad (August 5, 2016) and already most of us nerds are dying to get a glimpse of our favorite anti-hero: The Joker (played by Jared Leto). The fanboy in me did a jubilant cry when I first saw the trailer – Margot Robbie, you’re killing me.
Well anyway, let’s talk about this awesome game.
Wait, what? The Suicide Squad. In a Lego Game?
Yep. The infamous team of villains from DC comics is on Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham… but they’re given a more kid-friendly name. You won’t find any reference to “suicide” from the latest Lego title from developer Traveler’s Tales. Instead, the DLC simply refers to the badass team of villains as “The Squad.”
Why you ask? Coz’ it’s a friggin Lego game primarily built for a younger audience in mind. If you’re a parent, then you’ll most likely avoid purchasing a new DLC for your children’s favorite game that contains the word “suicide” splashed across the front.
So what do I get from the “The Squad”?
If you’re willing to forgive the lack of the S word, then you’ll be greeted with all your favorite suicide squad characters. Captain Boomerang, Deathstroke, El Diablo, King Shark, Deadshot, Katana, a whole new version of Harley Quinn as well as Suicide Squad handler Amanda Waller are all included, as are many new missions and special vehicles.
I’m loving “The Squad.” Where do I get it?
The release is available for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PS4. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and other best PS4 game line-up that can be bought in Harvey Norman right now at discounts you can’t refuse. Go check it out!
Tell me the background, would you.
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is an action-adventure game where players control Lego versions of DC heroes (e.g., Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) as they tackle missions to stop Braniac from obliterating the Earth and the Lantern Worlds.
The story is a follow up to Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes, which brought the Lego Batman series into the broader DC Comics world. Lego Batman 3 boosts this a step further by including 150 characters from a variety of well-known comic book franchises and also presenting a wider variety of suits which players can use to defeat many in-game puzzles.
You can even play as cyborg Superman! As if he’s not overrated enough.
GAME FEATURES: (From Official Website)
- Exciting space combat – For the first time ever, battle with Batman and his allies in outer space and the various Lantern worlds including Zamaron and Odym.
- Robust roster of DC Comics heroes and villains – Play and unlock more than 150 unique characters with amazing powers and abilities, including members of the Justice League, and BIG LEGO Figures such as Cyborg, Solomon Grundy and more.
- Unique storyline with new plots and twists –Surprising disguises, Brainiac’s mind control ability, and the power of the Lantern rings bring a whole new twist to characters you thought you knew.
- Hack computer terminals – Enter a virtual world to escape mazes, battle in arenas, and race to find the code.
- Bat-tastic Gadget Wheel – With a simple press of a button, choose and upgrade select character’s suits and abilities.
- Variety of iconic locales – Visit the Hall of Justice, the Batcave, and the Justice League Watchtower to access shops, trophy rooms, and the hero and vehicle customizers.
HANDHELD GAME FEATURES:
- Mind-blowing Zero-G gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the action.
- Remix combat in spectacular style by customizing the action with all-new LEGO Hazard Builds!
- Adventure through 45 missions spanning an original storyline focusing on dynamic, fast-paced gameplay.
- Play as more than 105 characters from the DC Comics universe.
Sexy Lego Harley? I approve.
PC DEMO Download
Here you can download and play a demo of LEGO® Batman 3 DC Super Heroes the video game. It might be a good idea to get your parents to help with this.
This demo is available for PC and needs to be installed for you to play this awesome level. The demo works for Windows (7, XP, Vista) but not for MAC.
Download (600 MB)